Monday, May 20, 2013

Dissatisfaction

Slouched and disillusioned,
Nearly catatonic -
Bright light streaming from an LED screen
Is all that assures me
That I am alive.
For what is life when it is not lived,
Like music when it is not heard.



For the days are long but the nights short -
An abundance of time is allotted
Yet I waste so much of it 
Doing this -
Writing about my goals instead of chasing them,
Gliding my fingers over keys,
Trying to muster up the courage,
Hoping that efforts will be realized,
Praying that chances will present themselves,
Hating that they will only ever materialize,
Tonight, as I gaze at my screen
Unable catch the soft echoes of sleep 
Tomorrow will come and I will forget.
But I know that you won't.
Please don't.

So that was my attempt at (bad) poetry. Really disappointed by my writing nowadays, so I thought having a different medium to work with might help. 

Thank you so much for stopping by. :)








2 comments:

  1. How is that bad????? oh dear and i thought i was already somewhat near to the level of good at poetry... you really are a self esteem serial killer (which is meant to be a sort of compliment hahaha) Love this, Erika! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww you never fail to make me smile, bb girl! Can't wait to spend junior year with you. :)

    ReplyDelete